This week, R&B crooner Miguel posted a photo of himself with Beyoncé after a studio session for her new album. Today, we get more details behind that photo, with Miguel revealing to MTV News that he was absolutely shocked when he got the call from Beyoncé’s camp late last week. The 26-year-old says he is “ready to ride the wave” with the popular songstress. More exciting deets about their studio hook-up below.
“I just got word that I’ll be in [the studio] with Beyoncé tomorrow which is amazing,” Miguel said after performing Friday night (October 26th). “I heard it from my team, and I was like, ‘Are you serious?’ ‘Are you sure?’ ‘Are we talking about the Beyoncé? And after taking a second to confirm and double confirm and triple confirm, I’m excited to hear the direction of her new material, and hopefully come up with something that’s really special and really showcases her perspective.”
With an open minded approach to their collab, he adds: “I think being a part of someone else’s creative process is all about having your surf board ready and just [being] ready to ride that wave. I don’t really know what she sees for herself or what direction she’d like to go with this album and I think that’s the exciting part about it. You just ride the wave and see where it goes, so I’m really excited. She’s definitely the most dominant female [artist]— dedicated and driven. I’m such a huge fan so it’s gonna be really cool.” Source.
All I know is that the music industry has been crying out for an artist like Beyonce to bring back excitement to the scene. With Miguel being the breakout star to stun us with his creative vision and banging tunes, and Beyonce being Beyonce, this could be yet another explosive chapter. I cannot wait to hear the final outcome. Can you?